- Recommended Archives
- Graphically Frank | Visual Arts
- Our Life Poetic | 20+ Years of Poetry
- Personal/Archived Journals
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Real Estate Hell
The first rejection of the offer came in within a couple of days. So we went at it with a slightly higher amount between the price we offered, and the price it was listed for. And then we waited...and waited...and our agent called the seller agent after a couple days and he said they were thinking about it...and then we waited...and waited...and on Saturday (a week after our second offer) our agent called the seller agent and he said "Oh, wow, thanks for reminding me!"...and then we waited...and waited...
Finally we told James to make our agent call him again tonight. And low and behold, there had been an e-mail today from the seller agent. No, the seller agent says, the sellers wants to stick for the asking price; and OH, there's someone else interested now. (after FIVE months on the market with no bites but ours, mind you, because it's already had a $25,000 price drop since it was first listed)
What. The. Fuck.
Turns out, in doing research, there could actually be no other offer, there's no way to hold an agent accountable for artificially creating a bidding war...unless you can prove it with an expensive lawsuit, of course.
So here we are, offering the full asking price, and who knows, maybe we'll get into a bidding war with a ghost.
Noted Mental Health Bloggers of Twitter - Want to be added? Just ask.
Noted Creatives of Twitter
✍ Noted Active Bloggers from Twitter (Updated 02/2014)
- **NEW** (2015) therestelesswords
- A Little Tour In Yellow
- Adventures In Estrogen
- Bittersweet Gestalt
- Built-in Birth Control
- Chronicles of Nothing
- Die Hipster
- Dudes, That's My Skull
- Everythign Is Okay In A Fucked Up Kinda Way
- Is There Anybody Out There?
- Jules Just Write
- Just Me With...
- Lovers and Wreckers
- Marisa Feathers (a.k.a Bittersweet Gestalt)
- Minutes of Mayhem
- Mommy Undressed
- Mommy Wants Vodka
- My 30 Spot
- My Pixie Blog
- No, Seriously, You Probably Shouldn't Read This
- Oh The Humanitease. Humanitees? Whatever It Is.
- Scary Mommy
- She Suggests
- Six Sentences
- Tall Tales
- The Cabinet of Ordinary Ferocities
- The Collective Works of E.E. Zulkoski
- The Pummelo
- The Single Mom's Dating Diary
- Things That Need To Be Said
- Thought For Your Penny
- Turning The Page: A Literary Ramble
- Veronica Foale - I Tell Stories...
- Vicious Cycle
- WriteWendy's Musings