Monday, December 6, 2010

Ten Media/Entertainment Females I Admire

Let's be clear, I don't have heros. I do, however, have certain figures that I admire for various reasons.  Todays entry is dedicated to 5 females who I admire.
  • Chelsey Handler - host of Chelsea Lately on E!, and the only female late night talk show host in the United States. She has written books (that I have yet to read:S) and I want them all.  (Hello, Santa, are you listening?)
    The thing I admire about her is her dry wit, her frank honesty and her ball busting attitude. Plus she wears fantastic shoes. 
Here is a clip where she busts Justin Beibers balls a little, and you all know how I feel about that little cocky "nugget".
  • Rachel Maddow - host of the Rachel Maddow Show and author of The Maddow Blog on MSNBC, she takes the news and throws it against the wall, while using truth and sarcasm, and puts it back together using interesting analysis and facts. She makes news and politics interesting just by jabbing at it a bit, almost the female version of John Stewart, only on a real news channel. She can also rock her haircut, and she just seems like she'd be fun to hang out with.
  • Stacy London - style expert and co-host of TLC's What Not To Wear, Stacy also gives people honest opinions and advice in regards to their fashion.  She has struggled with her weight throughout life and can show anyone how to look better and feel comfortable at any size. The amount I have learned from her, and her co-host Clinton Kelly, on their TLC show is immeasurable.
Here is a clip of Stacy on The Wendy Williams Show   
(P.S. If you've never watched Wendy Williams, do - she's fabulous)
  • Arianna Huffington - co-founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, she's practically the mother of media blogging. She has accomplished amazing things in her life, is the author of 13 books, has been involved in politics and helped revolutionize the way people get their news by creating a platform for open discussion and disclosure.
  • Lady Gaga - She may be bizaare, you might think she's crazy but what she is trying to do is "liberate" her fans through shock art, letting them know that being themselves is acceptable; so for obvious reasons I admire her.  I am not a gigantic fan mind you, I truly feel you can admire someone without being obsessed with them. She is a truly unique person.
Check out her amazing and honest interview with Barbara Walters.









No comments:

Post a Comment